Code of Conduct for Students
- Students must always carry their Identity Cards with them for entering the college campus and hostels.
- No student shall disobey any order issued by the Institute, Head of the Department, Faculty Advisor, Co-ordinator First Year B.E., Advisors of various activities and teachers. They must behave with due decorum towards their teachers and fellow students. Girl students must be shown due consideration in this respect.
- No student shall indulge in any form of ragging of the fresher students, causing mental or physical agony or inflict monetary loss to them, harass them or indulge in any kind of obscenity, vulgarity or violence with them. Students found involved in any form of ragging are liable to severe disciplinary action, and shall be punishable under the provisions of the Indian Penal Code 1860.
- Students have no right to deny mess, club and other facilities to other students. The use of any such facility can be withdrawn only by the proper authorities.
- Students should not indulge in any type of unkind, indecent behaviour towards new entrants in the Departments, hostels, messes, sections or any other places. Students indulging in any unseemly behaviour towards new entrants will render themselves liable to strict disciplinary action as per clause (3).
- Students should not indulge in violence of any kind with fellow students, employees including teaching staff of the Institute and outsiders within or outside the Institute.
- Students must not take the law in their own hands but must report any grievance to the teacher, Faculty advisor, Head of Department, Warden, or other Officers as the case may be. Indulgence in violence by any student or group of students will render them liable to strict disciplinary action.
- Students are not allowed to become members of outside societies or allowed to join discussions of a political nature or to take part in any political activity without prior permission of the Institute.
- Students are warned against incurring debts or committing irregularities in financial matters. In all such cases, which tend to bring discredit to the Institute, disciplinary action will be taken. The Institute, however, will in no way be responsible for such debts or irregularities.
- No meeting of the students, other than those organized under the aegis of the various recognized students activities, shall be called and held without the prior permission in writing from the Director / Dean.
- No meeting/function within the Institute campus to which any outsider is invited shall be organized nor shall any outsider be allowed to address the students without the prior permission in writing from the Director / Dean of the Department / Administrator.
- No theatrical performance, dance or show of any kind shall be allowed either within or outside the Institute Campus /Hostels in the name of any society of the students except with the prior permission in writing from the Director/ Dean of Students' Welfare, who may prescribe the terms and conditions for such performance.
- No student shall by words spoken or written or by sign or visible representation or through internet or website or SMS offend or insult a fellow student or any Teacher of the Institute or any employee or Officer of the Institute. (Any form of ragging will also constitute an act of insult or offence on the person who is ragged).
- No student shall misappropriate, prefer false claim for financial assistance of any kind (indulge in financial irregularity of any kind), mutilate, disfigure or otherwise destroy or damage any property of the Institute including furniture, books, equipment, apparatus, building etc.
- Students must pay all Institute, Mess, Club, Hostel Accommodations and other dues on or before the stipulated dates. If they do not do so, they render themselves liable to various penalties mentioned in the relevant instructions.
- Students must take care of and protect all Institute/hostel property. Any damage to Institute/hostel property due to improper use or negligence will have to be made good by the students concerned. Students must use the Institute/hostel furniture and fittings with due care and must not deface buildings, roads, furniture, fittings etc. in any manner. Not only the cost of the damaged Institute/hostel property will be recovered from the student (s) concerned, but disciplinary action shall also be taken.